Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I Wasn't Complaining So I Don't Have To

So yesterday I left a comment on a friends blog that wasn't really intended to come off as defending Hillary. At least that wasn't the conscious intent behind it. That did end up being how it was and the person left a comment back. I enjoyed reading his response too my comment. Until I got to the point where he said that I should have backed up my words and passion by going to the cacus for her. All I have to say to that is Bite Me.

I don't really care that he voted for Barack in his states primary. And I don't really care that Barack won my state. I wasn't complaining in anyway about the turn out last night in any state. So I don't need to be told to get out and go to the cacus. Had I been complaining then yes that comment would have been warranted. Because you don't get to complain about how elections turn out if you aren't doing your part in them. But, again I wasn't complaining so I don't need to be told to participate in something.

Again I don't care which won of them wins the nomination. Yes I am pulling for Hillary. However, I have said since 2004 that the Democratic nominee in 2008 would be either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. I have not wavered from that and I have now been proven right. All that remains to be seen now is who will be the Vice Presidential nominee. I think there's a good chance it will be a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket but, you never know. Whoever, gets the nomination might ask Edwards to join them or go with someone completely unexpected.

Also there's an actual reason for not going to the cacus. While the process is interesting I don't find it to be a fair process for the people. I think it leaves a lot of voters out in the cold. They are always at night so they leave a lot of people out. If you work nights you are out of luck. If you have to be out of town for work or some other reason, sorry no participating in the nominating process for you. And I've never liked the fact that Colorado doesn't allow independents to participate in the process. When Colorado goes to a more fair process then maybe I'll consider participating in the nominating process even if I don't care who wins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fair enough.

If if your way of expressing your opinon is by not going to a caucus as a protest that Colorado has a caucus then that's cool.

While I believe we should all participate in anyway we can I see your point. If I had known your thoughts on the caucus before hand I wouldn't have said that.